Tuition & Financial Aid: Graduate Certificates

Tuition & Financial Aid: Graduate Certificates

Fund Your Future

Graduate study is a major investment in your personal and professional future. The cost is determined on a per-class basis. Rates per class for Academic Year 2024-2025 are $3,792 for Virginia residents and $6,900 for out-of-state residents. The University additionally charges a Special Session comprehensive fee of $269 (VA) or $329 (non-VA) for students who take one class per semester. Students who take more than one class per semester are charged a flat $3,572 (VA) or $4,254 (non-VA) in comprehensive fees. UVA employees who are eligible to receive education benefits may use the full $5,250 to cover up to two classes per calendar year. UVA student-athletes on full scholarship may be eligible to use athletics aid to cover tuition and associated fees of this program. UVA employees eligible for education benefits can apply for reimbursement to cover tuition and associated fees of this program through UHR. In addition to tuition and fees, students must also consider the cost of books and supplies, housing, and other living expenses. You can review the Estimated Graduate Cost of Living Expenses during an academic year (nine months) from the University of Virginia’s Student Financial Services’ website. The University does not offer financial aid for students in certificate programs.

Aid Information

Educational benefits are available for veterans, family members of veterans, and active duty military personnel. These programs have different benefit packages and eligibility requirements. The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides up to 36 months (4 regular school years) of education benefits to eligible service members (Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve) and Veterans who have served at least 90 days on active duty since 9/10/2001. Benefits are tiered based on number of days on active duty. Benefits can be transferred to spouse or family member. To determine your eligibility and benefits package, please consult your Education Services Officer (ESO) and see Military Tuition Assistance, for active duty, or GI Bill, for veterans. For additional questions, please contact the University’s Veterans’ Affairs Coordinator

Students enrolled in a graduate certificate program are not eligible for federal aid or private education loans. If you are not financed through an employer or another revenue source, you will need to pay out of pocket or apply for a non-education loan through a bank.